Oh don’t cringe so quickly. With all the bacon hype lately, I bet more than a few of you may have sampled the bacon/pb combo. Bacon Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake anyone? I’ll pass. Boston Terrier’s are well known for their chewing (although thankfully Clive doesn’t chew anything he’s not supposed to) and the Kong is the perfect babysitter when we’re not around. With some treats and a little road block (peanut butter) he can entertain himself for quite a while before noticing we’re gone for the day. Yesterday I found that he hadn’t even eaten the treats, just licked the Kong clean.
- One Kong, any size (depending how large your dog is)
- 3 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 2 dog biscuits
- 1 rawhide
1. Make sure kong is completely clean from previous playtimes. Wash thoroughly with organic soap and water and clean remnants of peanut butter and treat and towel dry.
2. Place treats inside kong.
3. Using knife, spread peanut butter around the top hole of the kong, partially or completely covering the opening.
4. Insert rawhide stick in peanut butter and leave hanging out of Kong as decoration.
Yes, I know I’m being silly, but I’ve never seen a face light up so much as when we give him this treat. Who knew dogs love peanut butter? Okay, you probably did, but I didn’t. As a foodie, the idea of experimenting with dog treats is sometimes just as luring as making fun things for Neil and I. What is your pet’s/pets’ favorite snack?
And if you are a dog owner, or just like a good pet story, check out our friend’s blog: Hassled By The Hoff. It chronicles life with their Boston Terrier, Hoffman. They pretty much sold us on the breed, and I hope one day Hoff and Clive can roll around, snort and fart together, assuming there is enough ozone to contain it.
You may also like