We “spur of the moment” tried this recipe out last Thursday and it was AAAAMAZING, so we thought we’d pass this along to everyone to try. It’s great because the fish makes it light and the salsa was the perfect compliment. We hope you enjoy it!
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup peeled, chopped jicama
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 corn tortillas, warmed
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, red onion, jicama, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Stir in lime juice and zest.
- In a small bowl, combine cayenne pepper, ground black pepper, and salt. Brush each fillet with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices.
- Arrange fillets on grill grate, and cook for 3 minutes per side. For each fiery fish taco, top two corn tortillas with fish, sour cream, and corn salsa.
Some more photos of the process: