We’ve used this recipe twice now. Last weekend hanging out with Anja and Steve, we made this for an accompaniment to the burgers which was extremely complimentary. And since we had leftover materials we made it again on Tuesday and added some chicken we bbq’d on the grill. It’s light, filled with citrus flavor, and goes great with bbq. I think it’s so great I’m passing it along!
Spring Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 1 bunch spinach, rinsed (feel free to use any salad mix of your choosing)
- 10 large strawberries sliced
- 1/2 c. white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sale
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil (feel free to cut the oil, we cut it by 1/2)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the spinach and strawberries.
- In a blender, place the sugar, salt, vinegar, and oil, and blend until smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds. Pour over the spinach and strawberries, and toss to coat.
Some pictures of our results. Note: we have added the grilled chicken and topped the salad with parmesan.