Happy weekend and first day of fall! It is by far our favorite season and seemingly always the busiest. There are tailgates, weddings, Oktoberfests and Halloween feels like it is just around the corner. This weekend however, we’re laying low and working around the house. I’ve also got a mountain of homework. We also have a puppy play date and a nice BBQ on the deck planned. So a low-key but fun weekend, and I can’t wait!
Last week I planted mums for the first time. I told Neil for years that when we finally bought a house I would plant mums every fall, and being that we’re homeowners there seemed no better time like the present. I always talked myself out of them while we were renting because fall is typically short and I’m overly practical, to a fault sometimes. I chose some beautiful purple and yellow mums and planted them in warm grey pots. Now we just need a wreaths for the doors!
Anyhow, the reason I popped in tonight is because I’ve always loved how many bloggers do Friday posts on the ditties they’ve come across on the web over the past week. I know we have the highly addicting Pinterest for that, but I still like reading the posts. Therefore, I thought I’d share some things that we’ve been loving on the web this week.
Cool things we found this week:
- Love this beautiful tutorial on roasting garlic (via Oh She Glows)
- You mean I could make my own farmhouse table? (via ForRent.com)
- Need something stuffed? (via Neil & Reddit)
- Salivating obnoxiously over these Oven-fried Onion Rings… (via Annie’s Eats)
- Would love one of these to display race bibs. (via Etsy seller PrettyLovelyPainting)
- Can’t wait to try this recipe for Avocado Cream Sauce (via Eats Well With Others)
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice. Where could you not find a use for it? (via Smells Like Home)
- My savior! Can’t wait to try this new dessert topping: Coconut Whipped Cream! (via Nutty Kitchen)
- An amazing series of posts (part 1/part 2) on going gluten-free by Ashley of The Edible Perspective
Blogs we’re loving this week
What kind of weekend do you have in store?